Pray Catholic. Be a saint in a home monastery. Go to Heaven!
Examination of Conscience by the Ten Commandments
Confraternity Examen: This exercise has 5 steps.
1. Pray for light to understand and appreciate the past day.
Come Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of Thy faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Thy love. Send forth Thy spirit and they [the hearts of the faithful] shall be created, and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray. O God, Who by the light of the Holy Ghost did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the gifts of the same Spirit we may be always truly wise, and ever rejoice in His consolation,through Christ Our Lord [and His Immaculate Mother]. Amen.
2. Review your day and compare it to the Ten Commandments. Did you break any?
I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before Me.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
Remember thou keep holy the Lord’s day.
Honor thy father and thy mother.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods. (Exodus 20)
Review your day again in thanksgiving:
a. because you discovered your sins and now know about them and can do something about it;
b. because you can change them.
Review it in thanksgiving, both when I did well and when I did poorly. When I did well, thanksgiving for having done what is right, and when I did poorly, thanksgiving because I can now see it and make a correction.
3. Review the feelings in the replay of the day (from Step 2).
Notice the feeling of desolation when you were not successful, and the feeling of consolation when you were.
4. Choose one of those feelings, positive or negative (positive for having done well or negative for having seen the error) and pray from it. Use that feeling as an opportunity for change. Ask forgiveness and praise God. The four types of prayer are P.A.R.T.: Petition, Adoration, Reparation, Thanksgiving. Petition is when we ask God for a grace or favor. Adoration is when we acknowledge God for his greatness, for having a hand in everything that happens in the universe. Reparation is when we make up for our sins or the sins of others. (recommended prayer to release 1000 souls from Purgatory). Thanksgiving is when we express our gratitude for His help.
5. Did you achieve your goal from yesterday? Use your insights to make a goal for tomorrow. Ask Our Lady’s help. What is your goal for tomorrow? Write it down and keep track of it. In the morning, read your goal and work toward it.